Wednesday 18 May 2011

Helpful Directions

Since arriving on Fogo Island, the people have been nothing but helpful in terms of finding your way to certain people and places. Everyone knows everyone here by name. After a week here, my notebook was stuffed with bits and pieces of paper that people had written on: be it a map to some place on the island or someone's contact information. Such information is the starting point of my quest whilst on the island. Important as this contact information is, on Tuesday I decided to misplace the bits and pieces along the rocky shores near Peggy's beach. Although I mapped the rock pools where I left these scraps of paper, I may loose the information with the tides. On Wednesday I returned to these spots and photographed what was left. In one instance, the note had been completely devoured by sea cockroaches, leaving nothing but 3 tiny fragments below a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment